- Servings: 1
- 3/4 cup mashed sweet potato (make sure it is smooth)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (very soft or melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar (can use 5-6 tablespoons for a sweeter cake but I like it less sweet!)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Icing (Optional):
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs, as topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine the ingredients one at a time in the order listed above.
- Scoop batter out evenly into a lined 12-cup muffin or cupcake pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until done.
- Using a small saucepan, melt together the coconut oil and chocolate chips.
- Put in fridge to cool and thicken for 20-25 minutes, then remove and stir.
- Dip cooled cupcakes (top down) into icing. Sprinkle tops with cacao nibs if using (approximately 1/4 teaspoon of nibs on each).
- Set in fridge.
Recipe by Solana Nolfo.
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
Moist chocolate cake and rich chocolate icing—no grains or white sugar needed. You’re convinced already, right?