- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Remove the stems of the broccoli rabe and shred leaves.
- Blanch broccoli rabe until just tender, about 1 minute. Transfer broccoli to an ice-water bath until cool, then drain and pat leaves dry.
- Combine broccoli rabe, chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onion in a bowl.
- In a small bowl mix mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Pour over salad, toss until coated, and enjoy, or store in fridge to have throughout the week!
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
Broccoli rabe is an underappreciated veggie with health benefits galore, tomatoes are filled with brain-boosting lycopene, and red onions are antioxidant-rich. Throw in some chickpeas for protein and nutrition and flavor superstar extra-virgin olive oil, and you’ve got the perfect healthy lunch (or side).