- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground flaxseed, wheat germ, and coconut oil until well incorporated.
- Grease a mini muffin tin (or loaf pan) with additional coconut oil, and spoon mixture into each cup, pressing down to make a ¼ inch thick crust.
- In a clean mixing bowl, add peanut butter, honey, coconut, chia seeds, vanilla, and sea salt, and mix until well combined.
- Spoon peanut butter mixture on top of crust.
- Place muffin tin into freezer to set for at least 15 minutes, and enjoy!
- Store in freezer, will soften at room temp.
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
These sweet, satisfying bites are easy to make; you don’t even have to turn on the oven. They deliver healthy omega-3 fats from flax and chia seeds and are filled with protein, making them the perfect afternoon pick-me-up snack and a great option for a grab-and-go breakfast.