- Servings: 1
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 3 pounds spinach
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Wash spinach, but allow water to cling to leaves.
2. Cook spinach until it wilts in skillet over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes.
3. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add spinach, pine nuts, and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Season with pepper and serve.
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
Spinach. We all know its good for us, Popeye taught us that lesson! It’s packed with antioxidants including vitamins A, C, E, and phytonutrients, lutein and zeaxanthin. This food is not only good for your heart, preventing the buildup of LDL (“bad”) cholesterol on artery walls, but it’s also great for your eyes! This recipe is one of our faves because of the crunch imparted by pine nuts. When they’re toasted these little guys just pop with flavor. Stash this recipe in your back pocket, it goes great with everything!