- Servings: 12
- Prep Time: 10 minutes prep, 40 minutes to bake
- 1 ¼ cups 70% cacao chocolate chips
- 1 19 oz can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup turbinado sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Powdered sugar and cinnamon or cocoa powder for dusting (2:1 ratio)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9 inch round baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place the chocolate chips in an oven safe bowl and melt them as the oven preheats (stir them often!).
- Put the eggs and the chickpeas in a food processor and process them until smooth.
- Add the sugar and baking powder and combine well.
- Add the melted chocolate chips (use a spatula and not your finger to get it all in there).
- Mix well and then transfer to the baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean; if it doesn’t, add a few minutes on to the baking time.
- Cool on a wire cookie sheet before turning onto a serving plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar and cinnamon/cocoa mixture when the cake is completely cooled.
- Invite me over.
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
Gooey, gluten-free chocolate bliss served up in under an hour? Do we really need to say anything else?