- Servings: 1
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Popsicle sticks
- Ripe bananas
- Dark chocolate
- Chopped nuts
1. Peel bananas and cut in half (horizontally).
2. Put popsicle stick in one end and freeze wrapped in wax paper for few hours or overnight.
3. Melt dark chocolate in microwave or over double boiler.
4. Dip banana in melted chocolate, then roll in chopped nuts.
5. Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
Two words: Dark chocolate! It’s hard not to love any recipe with this delicious and healthy (yes, healthy) ingredient. Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants called flavonoids, which have been shown to lower blood pressure and help protect the body from conditions like heart disease. And what better way to up the vitamins and minerals in a sweet snack or dessert than to pair dark chocolate with a nutrient-packed fruit like bananas?! Bananas are a good source of potassium and fiber. Potassium helps lower blood pressure while fiber will keep you feeling full. The nuts not only add a little crunch, but also a serving of healthy monounsaturated fats. Delicious, satisfying and nutritious? Now that’s what I call a sweet conscious indulgence!