- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups organic round dill pickle slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Remove pickle from pickle juice and drop into dry mixture, tossing to fully coat.
- Place breaded pickle round on a lined baking sheet, and repeat using all slices.
- Bake for 5 minutes, remove and flip each slice, and continue baking for 3-5 minutes. Keep an eye on them, cook time will vary!
- Remove when lightly browned, serve warm. Enjoy!
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
Fried pickles are really great for your taste buds, but the breading and frying they require make them not so great for your body. Instead of breadcrumbs, we coat the hydrating, fiber-filled cukes with almond flour and add antioxidant-rich spices like cayenne pepper; then we bake ’em. The result is a crunchy, salty, satisfying snack.
READ MORE: My Quest to Make Fried Pickles Healthier