- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (plus more for pan) cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon za'atar
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, roasted
- 1 cup broccoli rabe, roasted
- 1/2 cup red onion, roasted
Photo: Rachael Ray Show
- Whisk together the chickpea flour, water, olive oil, and salt in a small bowl. Let rest for 1/2 hour to 2 hours in the refrigerator to give the flour time to absorb the water.
- Heat the oven to 450°F and preheat a 10 inch pan for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle a teaspoon or so of olive oil into the pan and swirl to coat the bottom.
- Whisk the chickpea batter quickly and then pour about a third into the hot skillet. (Half of the batter for a thicker crepe)
- Bake the flatbread for 8-10 minutes, until it’s cooked through. (Optional): Heat under the broiler to blister the top.
- Move the flatbread to a plate, top with warm veggies, and serve.
Hey friends, I made this recipe on the Rachael Ray Show! Check it out here.