- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pack mushrooms, rinsed & chopped
- 1/4 red (or yellow) onion, rinsed & chopped
- 1 cup spinach, rinsed & chopped
- 1 pound lean, organic ground chicken (or lean ground turkey)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse and chop the mushrooms, onion, and spinach; pat dry.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Season veggies with salt and pepper and saute until tender.
- Add sautéed veggies to raw meat. Mix in and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and coat evenly with a cooking spray.
- Wet your hands and scoop 1-2 tablespoons of the meat mixture; shape into a patty.
- Repeat until you have 8-10 patties (or the mixture is used up).
- Broil for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden on the outside.
Optional: Swap in or add other veggies to this burger, like organic tri-color peppers, quinoa, kale, or collard greens.
Top with: Sliced or mashed avocado, sauteed mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles.
Suggested condiments: yellow or Dijon mustard, tahini sauce, sriracha.
Serve on a toasted multi-grain bun, in a pita pocket, or in a lettuce wrap.
Recipe by Michelle Rubinstein, NLC. Follow Michelle on Instagram at @allbymichelle.