- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 12 large white mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed
- 1/2 cup broccoli rabe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, minced
- 1/2 cup farro, cooked and cooled
- 2 tablespoons flat leafed parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, split
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place the mushroom caps open side up on a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Using a knife, mince the mushroom stems, set to side.
- Trim lower stems off of broccoli rabe, chop the leafy greens into small pieces, set to side.
- After mushroom caps have been cooked, pour off any liquid that has accumulated in caps.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive in a medium skillet over high heat.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until aromatic, about 2 minutes. Add mushroom stems and broccoli rabe and saute until the greens are wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and farro cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, mix in parsley, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast. Stir until well incorporated.
- Preheat the broiler. Divide the broccoli rabe mixture evenly among the mushroom caps. Sprinkle each with remaining nutritional yeast. Cook until lightly golden, about 4 minutes. Serve immediately.