Eating mango hot may sound a little strange.
But cooking it actually brings out even more of its sweetness, and that flavor contrasts really well with garlic and ginger.
What you end up with is delicious, island-reminiscent Mango Chicken.
Pro tip: Top with a dollop of fresh, homemade guacamole and eat it alongside spicy rice and beans.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in grill pan.
- Rub chicken with salt and pepper and grill or broil.
- Add chicken to pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and sauté garlic for about 1 minute.
- Mix in ginger and mango, and cook 3-4 minutes, until mango is tender.
- Pour in the cider vinegar and white wine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in cilantro, and remove from heat.
- Spoon over the chicken to serve.
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
It brings a little island flavor to your kitchen (or, better yet, to your summer barbecue) by adding nutrient-packed ingredients like garlic, ginger, mango, and cilantro to your chicken. Fresh, colorful, nutritious.