There’s nothing better than a recipe that allows for flexibility, uses leftovers, is easy to make and tastes amazing!
Frittatas are great for all of this since you can throw almost anything (anything healthy is preferred of course) in with the eggs and end up with a delicious, perfectly proportioned and satisfying meal.
A few flavor combos we love? Spinach, tomato, and feta. Asparagus, dill, and goat cheese. Leftover turkey and Brussels sprouts. We could go on and on. And, on.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Pour olive oil in cast iron pan at medium heat.
- Add veggies and meat of choice to pan and heat 1 minute.
- While veggies and meat are cooking, beat eggs with yogurt, herbs, salt and pepper and then add to pan and let cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer pan to oven and let cook 10 to 12 minutes until eggs are no longer runny.
- When cooked through, remove and sprinkle with additional cheese and herbs for garnish if desired.
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
A frittata is just a fancy name for a messy omelet, and there’s no strict recipe, so you don’t have to get caught up in nitty gritty cooking techniques. Just add whichever roasted or fresh veggies you have in the fridge and some lean protein, and you’ll have a balanced, satisfying meal that works for breakfast but is also hearty enough for a quick lunch or dinner.