- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 45
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° F. You may want to place the whole squash inside of the oven during the preheat phase for ease while cutting.
- Once oven reaches proper temperature, cut squash down the middle to produce two equal halves.
- Lightly grease baking sheet, and remove the seedy insides of both halves.
- Place squash on baking sheet insides down, rind up. Allow squash to bake for 35 minutes.
- While squash is baking, add olive oil and chopped onion to pan. Sauté for approximately 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add minced garlic and spinach, and stir until soft.
- Add in the tomatoes and gently stir. Turn off stove once tomatoes are warm.
- Remove squash from oven and allow cooling for 5 minutes. Using a fork, scrape the insides of the squash from top to bottom and allow spaghetti-like insides to fall into serving bowl.
- Add tomato, garlic, and onion mixture. Season with rosemary and thyme. Mix together, and add grated Parmesan. Serve warm.