Chicken parm is a delicious classic, but it’s also traditionally heavily breaded and buried in cheese.
This is a lightened-up, slightly makeshift version. There’s nothing fancy or interesting about it, but it’s a quick, easy way to capture similar flavors without the added calories.
Make it as a simple weeknight dinner served with lots of veggies, obviously.
Pro tip: Make your own simple marinara with garlic, olive oil, and tomatoes, or look for jars that contain just a few whole food ingredients and no added sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Spray non stick pan with cooking spray and add chicken.
- Cook chicken 3 to 5 minutes per side until just done and remove from heat.
- Cover chicken with sauce and sprinkle with cheese and add to parchment lined baking pan.
- Place pan in oven and bake until sauce is heated through and cheese melted.
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
The chicken provides lean protein. Tomatoes in the marinara are filled with vitamins and lots of heart-healthy lycopene (since cooking them actually releases the nutrient).
Want a sneak peek inside the program?
Get FREE access to some of the core training materials that make up our signature program – Become a Nutrition Coach.Get Access