Classic diner food is kind of awesome, and the Western Omelet is a menu staple.
Mushrooms and peppers and tons of hot sauce? It’s just a great combo, whether you’re actually in Denver channeling cowboy vibes or are sitting in a lacquered booth in New Jersey.
This recipe allows you to recreate the popular breakfast dish with a slight nutrition upgrade.
- Whisk eggs and combine with mushrooms and peppers.
- Pour egg and vegetable combo into to preheated nonstick pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cook on low heat until eggs are set.
- Transfer omelette to serving plate, add cottage cheese to one half of omelette and fold over remaining half.
- Add hot sauce to taste and serve with toast.
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
Eggs are the perfect breakfast food, since they’re full of protein and will leave you feeling full and energized to start the day. Mushrooms provide nutrients like B vitamins, zinc, and selenium, while red peppers are packed with vitamins A and C. And the classic flavor combo is hard to beat.