Not every recipe is about you; this one is about the kids.
Kids love chicken tenders and they love pretzels. Put the two together, and you’ve got a winning match.
Using (whole wheat) pretzels as breading will distract them from the fact that these are baked instead of fried. Serve them alongside baked sweet potato wedges (call ’em fries if that helps!), and you’ll be mom or dad of the year.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place whole wheat pretzels in Ziploc bag and smash until they look like breadcrumbs.
- Dip chicken breast in beaten egg white, then in smashed pretzels.
- Place battered chicken on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
It’s a simple way to get kids to eat chicken that isn’t processed and/or fried. You can even get them involved by letting them smash up the pretzels. (What kid doesn’t love smashing things?) Mix some Dijon and honey together for a homemade honey mustard, and you’re golden.