Store-bought granola is often super sugary and filled with refined carbs. This recipe makes the morning staple healthy, flavorful, and satisfying by swapping in better ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix oats, quinoa, almonds, and cinnamon in large bowl and set aside.
- Combine the applesauce, agave syrup, and vanilla extract in small saucepan over low heat until heated through.
- Pour applesauce mixture into reserved oat mixture. Stir evenly to coat.
- Lay coated oats evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and top with cranberries.
- Let cool completely on baking sheet.
- Top yogurt with 2 tablespoons and store remainder in airtight glass container.
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
Healthy granola is great to have on hand as one part of an energy-boosting breakfast. You can eat it on yogurt or Greek yogurt and top it off with fresh berries. You can also eat it on its own with almond milk (just watch the portion size). In that scenario, we suggest throwing in a hunk (or two) of nut butter for extra protein.
Want a sneak peek inside the program?
Get FREE access to some of the core training materials that make up our signature program – Become a Nutrition Coach.Get Access