- Servings: 1
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ¼ cup bell pepper, chopped
- ½ (4 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place chicken in pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Pour soy sauce and vinegar over chicken, then sprinkle with bell pepper and top with water chestnuts.
4. Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until juices run clear.
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
Tired of that same old, uninspired chicken recipe for dinner? Try this flavorful dish for a new twist on your old standby. Wonderfully flavored with light soy sauce and vinegar, this recipe offers ample protein from the chicken. Chicken contains the coenzyme Q10, also called ubiquinone, which has antioxidant properties that are powerful in fighting aging and that help skin cells renew properly. You can’t forget the Vitamin C from the bell pepper and the potassium and fiber from the water chestnuts. They bulk up the nutrient content and add a nice mix of textures and flavors to make this dish deliciously interesting. Pass the chopsticks!