NA Challenge: Drink Water (64 Ounces!) Every Day
We want to follow your drinking progress! Don’t forget to #NutritiousAbundance #DrinkUp and tag @keriglassman so we can check out what you are drinking!
Ahhh….water! Your body is about 60% water. Yes, this means your skin, muscles, and brain are mostly water, making proper hydration key to a healthy body. Good ol’ H2O is the way to go when it comes to beverages.
For one week, I’m challenging you to drink 64 ounces of water everyday. That’s 8 glasses of 8 ounces, and one of the easiest ways to get 5 glasses in without evening thinking is to make sure you have one before every meal (assuming you are having 3 meals and 2 snacks each day).
Having a tall glass of water before each meal will not only add to your daily hydration, but it will help you eat a little less at your meal, improve your skin, put you in a better mood (nobody likes a dehydrated camper!), and even give you more energy. Yep, indulge in a tall glass of water before you eat anything and you’ll see results FAST in so many ways. For real. Drink up!
What’s in it for you?
- Eat less at meals
- Improve your mood
- Help your skin glow
- Lose and maintain weight
- Feel more energized
Your 7 Day Challenge to Drink Water (64 Ounces!) Every Day
Day 1: New water bottle: Since some of your meals will not be eaten at home, invest in a BPA free refillable water bottle that you can carry with you – everywhere. I always recommend snagging one that holds 32 ounces, so you just have to remember to fill it twice in one day and BOOM! 64 ounces down the hatch. Go on, treat yo self to one you love!
Day 2: Basic flavor: Boost up your water with the juice of a lemon wedge. Not only will this give your water a little extra flavor (making you want to drink more), the added antioxidants can boost your immune system and will give you a little extra perk! Not into lemon? Mix in a scoop of Life’s Abundance Antioxidants and Minerals and swallow 74 plant based trace minerals and antioxidants from 11 nutrient-rich super fruits without even blinking. And, holy yum, it makes plain water taste delish.
Day 3: Drink in line: In line to buy lunch? Drink your glass of water while you’re waiting. By the time you get your lunch you’ll be ready to eat…and you’ll be hydrated for all that heavy fork lifting.
Day 4: Go for bubbles: Replace your glass of water at one meal today with a tall glass of seltzer water. You don’t need the bubbles from champagne to feel a little festive! And who says champagne glasses are only for champagne? Here’s permission to get fancy sans alcohol. But fair warning – if you bloat easily, you may wanna skip this one as all those bubbles can add to this problem.
Day 5: Herb it up: Instead of just squeezing in a piece of citrus, add some fresh herbs to your water. Basil and mint make great herbaceous waters and seriously, how pretty does it make it? And promise you, somebody will ask you what’s in your water that day, so it’s a great conversation starter. Just in case.
Day 6: Spicy water, really?: Kick start your day by adding a pinch or two of cayenne pepper to your water. The capsaicin in the cayenne will boost your metabolism. And you’ll spend all day sipping something that makes you go hmmmm. This is interesting. But you’ll keep sipping…
Day 7: Rewrite your ritual: Now that you’re used to drinking a full glass of water before each meal, plan on making this a habit in the future. This can be a new ritual for you. Jot it down! Sticky note on the mirror, food journal entry, diary story, calendar reminders. Whatever your writing preference, make it happen!
4 Tips to Help You Drink Water More Often
- Be prepared: Make sure you always have a water bottle with you so you don’t miss out on your glass of water.
- Need a little something extra? Feel free to sip on unsweetened green or herbal tea or organic coffee during your meals. Just don’t skimp on the water.
- Replenish your body: Got your sweat on? Then you might need to replenish your body with electrolytes while you’re hydrating. But don’t turn to sugary sports drinks with artificial ingredients in fluorescent colors. Instead, look to coconut water, or even better, and all-natural electrolyte replacement.
- Mindful drinking: Really take the time to sit and enjoy your glass of water before your meal. After you finish, sit and think about how hungry you are. Did the water fill you up a little? Listen to your body.
- Share your success: Talk with girls, friends, family, and co-workers about drinking water before meals. Having someone share in this ritual may help you succeed at the challenge.